Hola everyone!! What a crazy week and a half! My first day was not the greatest but ever since then its been a blast. Just about everything that could go wrong did but it all worked out. First when we landed in Mexico on one of my bags never arrived so we filed a report then had to leave so I only had half the stuff I needed then we get to the CCM and there is no power so we have no orientation so I had no clue what was going on. I went to mi casa to find my companion and he never shows up! On top of all that I have the usual homesickness but next day I was assigned a new companion and my suitcase arrives at the airport, but since I didn't have a companion the first day I still had no clue who or where my district was but everything's going great now, the CCM is so beautiful and peaceful compared to the bustling city outside and My companion is an awesome genius, Elder Matthews He's going to Billing Montana spanish speaking haha interesting. He got a 35 on the ACT first try with out studying! We get along really well with the rest of our district too. There's not much free time here but I'm enjoying the busy learning schedule and I'm amazed how much Spanish they have been able to stuff in me. Almost everyday we teach members who act like investigators and I can almost always understand when someone speaks in spanish and I know plenty of words to answer I just need to work on my grammar to be able to piece them together better. Its funny every time Elder Matthews and I teach a lesson I have him start off cause when the investigator starts talking he gets so lost cause he studied french for two years and this is his first time with spanish so he always mixes them up in his head, Its alright though more practice for me haha.
We were in the study area contacting fake investigators a few days ago and one of the teaching supervisors came up to us made us memorize juan 14:6 Jesus le dijo: Yo soy el camino y la verdad y la vida. Nadie viene al padre sino por mi. He then explained how as representatives of Jesus Christ we are acting as his hands, and therfore we are the way the truth and the life for all those people out there searching for truth in Veracruz and Montana. It gave me a new perspective that helps me want to be more obedient and diligent so I can do everything I can to help those people.
Also interesting fact he says the soil is so fertile in veracruz if you eat a peach and throw the pit on the ground the next day it will already be starting to grow.
I love you all and love hearing from everyone keep emailing!
No comments:
Post a Comment