Friday, October 26, 2018

Hola!

Thats a cool story but no I didnt go to the temple yet I will get to twice though. Today I was at the immigration office finishing visa stuff that was super long like six hours but cool to be in the city streets. it was a 1.5 hour drive each was too so I got to see so much of the city. Thats all I've done today after breakfast. We missed lunch too so i'm really hungry but dinner is in an hour or so. I will have to do laundry during gym time tomorrow too I guess. Thank you so much for the pumpkins and thats a really helpful little trinket. Too bad about the laptop its replaceable though. I'm really enjoying the ccm right now but I can't wait to get out in the city streets again it was interesting. Love ya mom!!

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 7:24 AM Amy Torgersen <amytorgersen@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Elder Russell,
Hello hello! How are you? I can imagine you have stories! Have you been to the temple? We’ve  been wanting to hear all about your week. 
A high counselor spoke with his wife in Sacrament meeting.  They told how they used to be inactive or what you’d call a wild child. But the missionaries came and their lives changed forever. She told about when her sister was going through chemo and they’d sit together through it for 12 hours at a time and talk about everything but not about the church. She thought her sister wouldn’t want to. Then one day a baseball team visited the hospital and a player sat with both of them to talk. He asked the sick sister about church and she listened and after that this sister wanted to talk about the gospel. She ended up too sick to be baptized before she died. The lady giving the talk said she had a dream about her sister who had died. In the dream they were facing each other holding hands and her sister was so happy and told her everything was okay. Near the end of the dream she told her sister that had died, “I don’t want you to leave me.” Her sister said, “I never have.” I loved that! She said we always have someone on the other side to help us. Angels aren’t strangers. 
Trevor dug up all the potatoes that grew in the garden and it filled a tall red mesh potato bag. He was happy about that. This morning Elizabeth gets to be student of the month and Dad and I are going to the assembly. It’s a surprise for her.  Katie is working with her math teacher to bring her math grade up for regents. Kevin is making his dresser drawers. Tristan is working two temple shifts in a row today. 10 hours straight! I feel bad I knocked over Elizabeth’s water on the table and it got underneath his laptop and now it might be ruined. It’s in the shop at BYU they will try to fix it. He has money to buy another if it comes to that. I still feel bad. It worked fine until the next morning. McKaylas laptop was on the table too. But it was ok.  It was crazy it happened so fast and we’ll probably never have cups of water near them again. Weaknesses become strengths! 
Everyone is doing well and it’s fun hearing them remember you in their prayers. It’s been a good week. Tell us about you. You feel like you’re getting trained...to be in Gods army? :)
Love you! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment